Monday, June 09, 2008

The new boob has arrived / Det nye bryst er ankommet

I had my first reconstructive operation on Thursday. It went well, so far so good. I now have two boobs again, or at least something that looks like a boob. It has scars and stiches, and it is wobbly because of the ballon inside, that hasn't been filled up to the max yet. It has plasters and red marks and it lacks a nipple. So it isn't a pretty boob.
It is like Rosemary's baby. You know the end of the movie where she walks into the lounge of the neighbours, and looks into the cradle where her newborn baby lies, and it is ugly as hell 'cos it is the son of satan, but she looks at it like it is the most precious little thing ever. That's sort of how I feel with my new boob. Not that I want to call my boob satan, it's not quite that bad, but I think you need to be closely connected to it to see the beauty.

Jeg hadde min første rekonstruktive operasjon på torsdag. Det gikk bra, så langt så godt. Nå har jeg to bryst igjen, eller ihverfall noe som lingner et bryst. Det har arr og sting, og er rynkete på grunn av ballongen som ikke er helt fylt opp enda. Det har plaster på og røde merker, og det mangler en brystvorte. Så det er ikke et spesielt fint bryst.
Det er som Rosemarys baby. Du vet helt til slutt i filmen når hun går inn i naboenes stue, og kikker ned i krybben hvor den nyfødte babyen hennes ligger, og den er stygg som faen fordi den er satans sønn, men hun ser på den som om det var den søteste lille ting i verden. Det er nesten sånn jeg har det med mitt nye bryst. Ikke fordi jeg vil kalle brystet mitt for satan, det er ikke helt så galt, men jeg tror man skal være temmelig tett knyttet til det for å se skjønnheten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to ask, because I thought it's weird...and I've been trying to go for less weird (have given up...thus the ? anyway) have you thought of naming her? both of them...ok yeah I can see...that's really weird lol *sigh*

HeBe said...

Yeah I guess naming them could be a good idea. Makes them seem a bit less like strangers, 'cos tecnically they aren't 'my' boobs. :)
It has to be something good though... Not so easy! :)